Makeup Monday #5 – Favorite Face Masks
I’m so excited to share with you my favorite face masks. This is definitely one of the areas that lacks in my skincare routine, but when I use them my face looks and feels so much better. I really need to get better at using them regularly.
I’m a big fan of Origins masks and you’ll be seeing them a lot in this post.
1. Origins Clear Improvement (not pictured) – This product was one of the first high end masks I ever bought. I bought it back in high school and have been repurchasing it ever since. When my skin isn’t doing to bad, but I now something may be coming up soon, is when I use this mask. I currently don’t have it, but it’s on my shopping list to pick up soon.
2. Origins Out of Trouble - This is one of those masks you can do in the morning before you go to work. It won’t leave your face red and works to sort out any skin issues that you may be having. I like to use this whenever my skin is acting horribly and really need to be taken care of.
3. Origins Drink Up Intensive - I use this when my skin is having some dry patches. My skin rarely gets dry patches, but when it does after two nights of using this overnight mask it’s always almost gone. I’ve been having some dry patches lately and this is doing a really good job of taking care of it. I put it on right before bed time and those dry patches are greatly improved by the morning.
4. Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask - I keep this mask in the shower and put it on first thing and take it off right before I get out of the shower. It doesn’t ever get hard in the shower, but it definitely help with any problem skin areas. This is the one mask that I use consistently every week. It’s so convenient because I keep it in the shower. The only problem I have with this mask is that it makes my skin really red after using it. And it takes a lot to make my skin red. I usually use this one in the morning, the redness usually goes away by the time I’m applying my makeup.
5. REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask - This mask is by far the most expensive mask I own and was given to me by my sister and I will definitely be repurchasing it. This mask gives your skin a glow and I recently got the AHA resurfacing serum by REN and they say to use the serum under the mask as a booster. I haven’t tried that yet, but I can’t wait to see the awesome results.
6. Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask - This is my blemish buster. I use this on anything that is coming up, that I don’t want there anymore. I will keep it on for ten to twenty minutes, just on the spots and take it off before bed. If I’m really having some trouble with stubborn spots, I will leave it on overnight.
So there you have it, all my favorite masks and why I love them and can’t live without them! What are your go to masks?