The link up will open on December 16 and go through January 5. The main goal of this link up is to get us, as bloggers, to start thinking about the Big Dreams we have for our blog in 2015. How would you want to take your blog to the next level next year? What do you want to incorporate in your blog in 2015? What Big Dreams do you have for your blog? What goals do you have for your blog? Answering any or all of those questions would be a great post to add to the link up. We want to be able to encourage each other in our goals and dreams for making our blogs better.
I’m so excited to see what everyone’s Big Dreams are for their blogs. So here’s what you need to know about the link up:
1. Come back here or to any of my friend’s blogs to link up your post.
2. The link up will be open from December 16, 2014 to January 5, 2015
3. Share your post and the graphic above on social media. The more the merrier!
I really hope you come back on December 16 to join in the Big Dreams, Better Blogs link up!
So this weekend took an unexpected turn at IKEA. We went down to have breakfast and get a few things we needed and ended up leaving with a fully assembled bathroom cabinet. They were having a huge sale on all their bathroom displays in the marketplace. The IKEA worker was putting up the sign for the sale when we were walking by. Crazy. So that mirrored cabinet you see in the photo above is currently hanging in our bathroom. And I absolutely love it! Let’s get into the wishes.
LAST WEEK’S WISHES
1. Continue unpacking the apartment with help – We continued to unpack and made some really great progress on the boxes we currently have. We made a pretty big dent in the unpacking process.
2. More health issues to figure out- Well, last week was really interesting health wise. It turns out that I have to get my gallbladder removed. Crazy, I know! I see the surgeon tomorrow and I’m glad I know what’s wrong with me now.
3. Find a new foundation for winter – I think I found my new shade. I’m enjoying L’Oreal True Match Lumi. It’s not as full coverage as I normally wear, but it’s doing fine for now.
THIS WEEK’S WISHES
1. Work on a newsletter for the blog – I’m hoping to launch a newsletter in January with exclusive newsletter only content. Is there something you want to see from me? I would love to share it in the newsletter.
2. Enjoy time with family this week – Looking forward to spending time with both sides of our family this week/weekend.
3. Start brainstorming ideas for the blog in the new year – I’m hoping to spend sometime with my 2015 calendar this week and start brainstorming new series for the blog.
Do you make weekly goals? I do and I link up every week with The Nectar Collective!
If you have weekly goals, I would love to hear about them in the comments.
Saturday, November 9, my husband and I moved into a new apartment! We moved closer to my work, which is really great. I work on the same campus as our church, so we are also closer to church. I thought I’d share with you some pictures of our new place. I would love to take you along as I decorate, organize and get settled into our new place. I’m so excited about our new place and really glad that we moved. So let’s jump right into the pictures.
This is the first thing you see when you walk into our apartment. It looks like a closet……
but it’s actually our washer/dryer aka “our laundry room.”
Next you see part of our living room and to the right is our dining area. The double doors lead to the bedroom and bathroom.
When you turn to the right, it’s our living area (photo shot from dining area).
And our dining area with a huge mirror on the wall. To the right is our kitchen.
Here’s a better shot of the kitchen.
When you walk through the double doors and turn left, there is the bedroom.
And looking from the bedroom, you see the walk in closet. This is also the only closet in the whole place. There is a very tiny linen closet in the bathroom area.
Looking around the corner to the left is the bathroom and the tiny linen closet.
So this is the new place we moved into a little over 12 days ago. At first it wasn’t exactly what I had expected because we weren’t able to see the exact place we were moving into since people were living it. But now, it’s really grown on me. I love the tile floors everywhere. We are gonna have to keep the super clean, so we can walk around barefoot, if we want. I can’t wait to share with you our new little additions to this place as we go.
I’m not sure what happened this month, but I totally forgot to do my verse of the month until now. I haven’t really been blogging very much the last few weeks, so I guess it just slipped my mind. Usually when I choose a verse to memorize, it’s something that really speaks to me when I read it. I was reading my devotion using She Reads Truth last week and this verse really jumped out at me.
Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you, He will not leave you or forsake you.
God knew exactly what I need to hear because lately I have been really discouraged with what’s been going on with my health. It seems like one thing after another and I can’t seem to fully get well.
This verse reminds me that I’m not alone. The Lord is always with me and he won’t leave me. This verse came at just the right moment in this season of pain I’ve been in.
Last week, She Reads Truth did a 5 day series on Hymns. Day 4 was my favorite day and the day this verse came from as well. I absolutely loved the Hymn that went with it as well. I’ve embedded the player below, so you can listen to the Hymn as well.
I hope you will join me in memorizing a verse this month. What verse do you want to memorize this month?
Today marks the beginning of the second week in our new apartment and my first week back at work in a week and a half. I’m hoping today will be an awesome day! The weekend wasn’t long enough, but we did get things checked off the apartment move in check list. We put stuff up on walls and made our kitchen fully functional. It’s a full working kitchen now, every single kitchen box has been unpacked. Before I go into too much detail, let’s see how I did on last week’s wishes.
LAST WEEK’S WISHES
1. Start unpacking the apartment with help.- My dad came over all day Monday and Tuesday to help me unpack our apartment. I definitely wouldn’t have gotten all that was done without his help. My sister came over Monday morning and was a huge help also. Thank you guys for helping us so much. Wednesday and Thursday, I slowly worked on our bedroom and getting my vanity setup finished. I’m gonna be posting some before and after pictures soon.
2. Recover from my procedure. – So I’m not exactly sure what happened, but I don’t know if my procedure worked or not. I’m in about the same amount of pain as I was before the procedure, but I have to get another one done on my left side and that supposed to help more with the middle of my back as well. I would say I’ve recovered though because I’m not sore from where the procedure happened.
THIS WEEK’S WISHES
1. Continue unpacking the apartment with help. – We still have some boxes at my parent’s house to get and unpack. My dad brought over more boxes this weekend. We unpacked all the kitchen boxes, but, as you can see from the picture above, we have barely unpacked our living room boxes. Hoping to get that done by Thursday, so my dad can bring the rest of the boxes over.
2. More health issue problems to figure out. – Something came up last week with my health and I go see my doctor on Thursday to find out the next steps to this new issue. I’ll probably share more later, but I’m hoping and praying we get more answers on Thursday.
3. Find my a new foundation for winter. – This Summer, I bought a Bobbi Brown foundation that I love and I’m that color most of the year. But right now, that color is a little too dark. I’m thinking about trying out a drugstore foundation.. I need to pick up one this week because I hate when my foundation doesn’t match. Biggest makeup pet peeve ever and it’s always the hardest for me to match.
What are your weekly wishes/goals for this week? I’d love to hear them in the comments below.